Website Link Building, 5 No Cost Methods
Building high quality links back to your website can be one of the most effective forms of search engine optimization. The search engines give weight to websites with a lot of good high quality links coming in from other sites. They see it as a ‘vote’ that your site has something to offer. The aim of this is to get your website to appear on the first search engine page result when people type in terms relevant to what your site is about.
There is a wide variety of link building methods out there. Link building isn’t just a one-time event, but an on-going one. You can find some software out there that will automate this for you, but the search engines frown on that – that makes it counter-productive. If you acquire too many links in too short of a time, it throws up a red flag to the search engines and you can be penalized for it. Do it the right way.
You want to build links from other sites with similar content to your own, but not competing sites.
Here are the 5 methods I have for you today that can help you build good quality links and achieve a high ranking with search engines:
- Article Marketing – Write some SEO ready articles that you can point back to your site and submit them to ezines, onine magazines, and top directories like Ezinearticles.com or GoArticles.com.
- Free Classifieds – Post some adds on free classified sites with your main keywords in the ads.
- Blogs And Forums – A good way to get inbound links is to post comments on similar content blogs and forums. You have ‘do-follow’ and ‘no-follow’ types of both. Post on both kinds to look right with the search engines. Don’t spam, make a comment that contributes to the conversation.
- Social Bookmarking And Social Media Sites – You should bookmark on Delicious, Stumble Upon, Digg, and any others you find. This is a great way of building high quality links, and these are ‘one-way’ links which are good.
- Create yourself a profile on Twitter and Facebook. YouTube is another good one. Join some community sites where you can leave comments and a link back to your site.
When you do all the things mentioned here you have the foundation for a very good SEO link-building campaign. If you stick with it and have patience, you will be well on your way to the top of the search results.