Las Vegas SEO Company
There are many compelling reasons why you need a Las Vegas SEO company to help you out with your local SEO. Basically, it’s a great investment—you gain far more than you spend. Without an SEO specialist to help you, you won’t be able to gain more customers through Google searches, because all your competitors (who probably have an SEO specialist of their own) will be ranked above you. But that doesn’t mean you can’t help yourself out in the meantime. Here are some DIY SEO tactics you can use to improve your Google rankings:
- Find the right keywords. A lot of business people think they know how their customers think, but in reality, they’re just guessing. Finding the right keywords will entail some research and there are two ways to go about this.
One is to just ask your current visitors directly. Get them to fill out a quick survey or a short website form. The other way is to use a tool such as the Google AdWords Keyword Planner. This is a free tool, and all you need to do is sign up for AdWords. You don’t have to run an AdWords campaign. This tool tells you which key words and phrases are often used.
- Use the most popular keyword for your URL. You should use the keyword for the title page as well. But keep your URLs and page titles short, because Google truncates them if they’re too long.
- Use other keywords for your article titles, descriptions, and image names. But don’t keep using the same keywords. Use some variations.
- Use your keyword in your meta descriptions. These don’t really affect rankings, but they offer an important function anyway. They convince Google users to click on the link to your website. Most surveys show that the rankings influence the likelihood of being clicked. The #1 ranked website is clicked about 33% of the time, but the #2 website is clicked just 17% of the time.
With the meta description, you can “sell” your website over other websites ranked above you.
- Make sure you create readable content. Give your users helpful information that they can really use. Google also loves readable content. And that means you should have at least 500-600 words or so per page even if the page is just a listing of the products. Of course, try to include a good keyword or two in the content.
- Check that you use your keywords appropriately. Don’t overuse them, because Google may consider this as “stuffing” and punish you for it. Instead, keep your keywords to the title and the first sentence or paragraph.
- Be mindful of your links. Link building is usually something that an SEO specialist can really help you with. But there are some things that you should refrain from doing. For one, don’t put too many links on your page. If you are a commercial website, you also don’t want too many links to other websites. After all, you want your customers to remain on your site. This also dilutes the power of your page since some “link juice” flows through to the site you are linking to.
If these tips don’t help, then it may be time to find a reputable SEO company to give you the results you want.